All you need to know if you want to acquire a European Residence Permit
Ask4Visa Invest in Greece
Greece is well known as one of the most popular tourist destinations. Because of the economic crisis, since 2009, properties have lost value up to 60%.
Especially Athens as a safe European capital city has become the field of investing in Real Estate.
Now you have the chance to combine an investment with the Passport to EU by asking a Residence Permit for you and your Family.
Residence Permit (RP)
Buying a property in Greece is your Passport to get a European Residence Permit for you and your family members and enjoy the rights and privileges as all EU citizens do.
For non-EU citizens, a Residence Permit is granted with a purchase of a property/properties with a minimum value of 250,000 Euros.
This Residence Permit is a Schengen Visa and can be granted also to the Applicant’s (property owner) family members, i.e. spouse and children up to the age of 20.
1) Residence permit in Greece
2) Free entry and exit to and from the territories of Schengen
3) Access and use of the State’s Health and Education services in Greece.
Steps to follow until you get the Residence Permit
You will need:
- Someone to guide you to Gather supporting documents from your country.
- A trustful Lawyer’s office in Greece, which will go through all the procedure for the Visa and the purchase of the property (in collaboration with a notary office), to help you Open a Greek Bank account and Get a greek Tax number.
- Someone to support your Travel in Greece and be with you during your trip with a translator.
- A trustful Real Estate Company to help you Find and buy the property.
At the end ALL YOU NEED is US!!!
We can support you in every step of this procedure and provide you:
- Lawyer in Greece
- Vip Real estate service in Greece
- Translator, Tickets and accommodation.
- Maintenance of your property after the purchase.
ALL you have to know – Frequently asked questions
What is the duration of the residence permit?
Can the residence permit be renewed?
Yes, for another 5 years each time, provided that the applicant still owns the property
May the members of the investor’s family request a residence permit?
Yes. The may request individual residence permits . They must though submit separate applications. Their own permit expires at the same date that the investor’s permit expires.
Do persons holding a residence permit have the right to work in Greece?
If I get a residence permit, can I add the period of its duration to the total duration needed in order to request the Greek nationality ?
I would like to request a residence permit. Should I get an entry visa for Greece before I submit my application for the residence permit?
Only if you come from a country, whose citizens are required to get an entry visa in order to come to Greece.
What advantages provides to its holder a residence permit in Greece?
– He/she may stay continuously in Greece for its whole duration
– He/she may travel to other Schengen countries without a visa, but his/her stay in those countries cannot exceed 90 days in each 6-month period.
– He/she has access to health or education services, just like any Greek citizen.
How long can it take until the residence permit is issued?
It must be issued within 2 months from the day on which the application was submitted or reached the Decentralized Administration.
Is the applicant covered from the moment he/she submitted the application until the day the residence permit is issued ?
– If all the supporting documents are submitted, a proof of submission Is issued.
– If an application for a residence permit is submitted for the first time, this proof of submission is issued, even if the supporting documents with regard to the insurance coverage or the medical certificate of the applicant will be submitted at a later date.
What is the duration of the proof of submission regarding an application for a residence permit ?
I submitted an application for a residence permit and I was given a document proving its submission. What can I do with It ?
You may travel freely as often as you wish to/from Greece.
Attention: you are not allowed to travel to any other Schengen country. This means that any flight schedule that requires a flight transfer at the airport of another Schengen country should be avoided.
in order to open a greek Bank Account
Please notice that if you going to open an account in a Greek Bank your presence its necessary.
Find below the documents that you will need:
- Valid Passport or ID Card
- Home address (post code, city) verifying by an official authority in your municipality.
- Your profession verifying by the Professional Association or other Official Organization.
- A letter from your Bank (from where you are making the money transfer) as a recommendation letter.
- Copy of your Phone bill.
- Greek Tax Number.
All the above documents except Passport/ID, TAX NO and Phone bill must be translated and authenticated by an official Greek Authority such a Greek Consulate or Greek Embassy or Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Translation Dept. in Athens in order for us to be able to accept them.
Also the min. incoming amount to be transferred for the opening of the account is 10.000€ and the yearly average of your account’s balance must sustain a 10.000€ amount.
- a) TAX of the transaction: 3% on the property value and it is no less than 3% on the value that the tax office determines. In case of properties built after 2006 and sold by a construction company there is VAT Tax that goes up to 24% on property value
- b) NOTARY’s fees: 1% (+24% VAT) on the value of the apartment and no less than the value that the tax office determines.
c.) LAWYER’s fees: 1% on the value of the apartment and no less on the value that the tax office determines.
- d) REGISTRATION OFFICE for the purchased property : 0,65 (+24% VAT) on the value of the apartment and no less on the value that the tax office determines.
- Real Estate brokerage fee: (2%) on the value of the apartment
- Lawyer’s fee for the RP procedure : it depends per case
- Amount paid to the Greek State for RP : 500,00€ per person.